Wednesday 31 January 2018

Adventures in Dog Sitting - Day 2

Day 2:

I made a bold choice and wore an entirely black outfit. Although, it doesn't really matter what I wear because somehow all of my clothes are made out of real fur without me ever having removed them from my suitcase. Such is the great mystery of the physics of pet fur.

HALLELUJAH, the pets let me sleep last night. I woke up to my phone alarm, rather than to a cold dog nose in the face. When I looked over to see Teddy sleeping on the dog bed next to me, it all made more sense. Poor Georgie wouldn't have been allowed to get past the raging feline furball even if she had wanted to give me a good morning nose boop.

I can't exactly say that Georgie's car surfing/howling routine is getting better. I CAN say that it is getting louder and more intense, though. Some serious vibrato on that dog... And she's never even taken a single lesson!

The daycare owner raved about what a good "daycare dog" Georgie is, so she got extra dog treats this morning. I may be only two days in, but the smell of these nasty food "rewards" is beginning to overwhelm me. The scent is on my hands, all over my clothes, and in my hair. It's starting to permeate my skin. It's radiating out of me. I don't just smell like a dog treat, I AM a dog treat.

I was so preoccupied with the pets and my rush to get out the door this morning, that I completely forgot the beautiful gourmet lunch I had prepared for myself in the fridge. THIS WAS NO ORDINARY LUNCH, EITHER. I'm talking kale chicken salad with avocado and blackberries kinda gourmet lunch. Sigh, can't win 'em all. Fortunately, I work within walking distance of at least four different cafes, so lunch was not a complete write-off today. Of course, me being me, I managed to choose the one cafe that was experiencing a total credit/debit system meltdown during the lunch rush. The staff were frantically putting up "cash only" signs and desperately calling for extra change for the cash register. The ship was going down and the captain was simply trying to get everyone off the boat. It was a titanic situation. EVERYONE INTO THE LIFEBOATS. WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST. MAYDAY MAYDAY. ABORT MISSION. HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM.

It was fine for me, though. I actually had cash on my person for once. I just quickly paid for my rice bowl and got the hell out of there...

Almost had a very serious WWIII situation back at home, as Teddy had decided to claim the dog bed as his own. Georgie was sadly oozing towards it, trying to figure out how she could reclaim her sleep spot without getting her face slashed by the cat. Luckily, I'm a natural mediator and Georgie is one spoiled puppy; I brought her backup dog bed out to the living room so she and Teddy could sleep next to each other in peace.



Saving the world, one resolved PETty dispute at a time.

And now, here's a photo of Georgie adorably sleeping after a full day of playing to make up for that terrible pun...



Until next time! Don't put dog food out as party snacks.




No comments:

Post a Comment