Sunday 4 February 2018

Adventure In Dog Sitting - Day 6

I spend most of the day shoveling. I'm over it. Done. Get me out of here. Snowmageddon carry me home. Never again. UGH.

I was told that I wouldn't need to know how to use the snowblower this week. Fortunately, I knew enough to ask to be shown how it works just in case. Unfortunately, I was incapable of getting it started when I needed to actually use it. #fail
Bright side, I don't need to do an arm workout this week...or ever again.

The pets are starting to miss having their usual people around. I woke up cuddling a Teddy. Minus the cat food breath and the snoring, it was a pretty adorable situation. My selfie game was on point too, as you can see here.




The next adorable photo op occurred as a result of me attempting to eat lunch. These fur mammals just can't seem to control themselves around chicken and avocado sandwiches. I can't blame them; it was delicious. I am a sandwich "artiste".




The rest of the day was spent cuddling and recovering from all of the hard manual labour I did earlier in the afternoon. I found myself at the bottom of a dog (and cat) pile while I was attempting to stretch my legs out. Minnie sat on my chest to ensure I couldn't run away while Georgie stood on my hair and licked my face. There's a 76% chance they planned this...

When I tried to get up, the dog took that chance to sit on my lap like she was telling me what she wanted for Christmas. However, I felt more like Michael Scott as Santa that time that Kevin took his sweet time trying to figure out what he should ask for. 85 pounds of bony dog butt plopped down onto one of my legs was adorable for about 10 seconds before I started to lose feeling in my limb. She's built like a horse, but she desperately wants to be a lapdog. Who am I to deny her that dream?

Eventually, day turned into night, which I know because I watched the entire process from the couch. I was stuck chilling in a progressively darker room because the cat was sitting on me and I couldn't get up to turn on a light. #catownerprobs
I know you've all been there.

Alas, I've been released from the confines of my voluntary cat cuddle prison. I must complete some adult tasks now that I have been freed!

Until next time, never make a sandwich you're not willing to fight for.


No comments:

Post a Comment